Thursday, January 15, 2009

give me some suga'

On Decemeber 29 I loaded a motor home along with my mom (who had back surgery 10 days before), my dad, Lee, Chris and Laura and started the journey to New Orleans. On December 31 around 8:00 P.M. we arrived in New Orleans. We spent New Years Even on Bourbon Street. It was quite the experience. I wasn't sure how I felt about New Orleans after that night, but in the next few days I found like I actually really enjoyed the city of New Orleans. We took a shuttle into the city on the 2nd and got a little tour of the town. It has so much history. It's old and authentic. It was fun to see the Mississippi and even take a ferry boat.

The game was that night. And it was so much fun! Before the game even started I was angry though, because of some stupid Alabama outside the stadium and some stupid BYU fans back in Provo. But the game was AWESOME! And incredible. The Utes came out and went up 21-0 on the Tide. It was unbelieveable. Utah ruled the whole game. The final score was 31-17. Brian Johnson got the MVP of the game and Louie even got to kick one last field goal. My Utes ended up #2 in the nation! It's a shame they didn't get the oppurtunity they deserved, along with many other teams in the nation, to go for the championship.

It was an awesome season of football. I had a lot of fun with my mom, lee, and chris at all the home games. And I had a blast in New Orleans with my family! I did miss one thing this Utah football season and that was Christopher. I will be watching the Sugar Bowl again in 2010 with him!! Go Utes! Sugar Bowl Champs! #2!

Click to play sugar bowl
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was fun! We're happy you all had a great time and that you are back safe. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Utes had a nice season. Glad to see that you are proud to represent.

    ReplyDelete