Sunday, January 25, 2009

classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity

I'm feeling pretty bored this semester so far. I'm taking a bunch of GE classes while I wait to apply to Nursing again, so it's kind of a bunch of classes I don't really want to take. I'm only taking 13 credits this semester. And I'm in two religion classes, which I'm really liking.

Humanities 202:

Too much reading and writing for my liking. The professor said that A's are exceptional work. I hope I can come out with one.

Political Science 110:

I'm actually retaking this class, unfortunately. And I did get a fairly good grade the first time I took this. But the Nursing Program suggests I take it again. So I obey. I think I will like it better the second time around. And the other day I sat next to kid who was looking at guns online....

Statistics 221:

I'm not a big fan of stats. I'm not really looking forward to this class. A lot of people. Standardized tests. Not my cup of tea.

Doctrine and Covenants:

I'm already liking this class a lot. I love my teacher. And I've already learned a lot. I love church history. And I'm excited for what I can learn about the gospel in this class.

Hymns of the Restoration:

I'm loving this class. My professor is great. And my reading is hymns, how great is that. I'm excited to learn about the backgrounds of the hymns and to learn more about the doctrines of the church through the hymns. I do have to sit by a girl who has to find something to compliment me on every day. Like "I really like your hair" "oh thanks, it's just in a pony tail." Or "I like the color of your binder" She's starting to annoy me. I guess it will give me a great lesson in patience.

I hope this semester goes as well as last semester for me or even better. Let's hope I can find some motivation.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inside look into your college life. Most Hometeachers are privileged enough to have this kind of exclusive window into their Hometeachees' lives.

    Let me know if I can help in any of those classes; I've taken them all except for the Hymns class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, stop doing nice things with your hair and using such nice trapper keepers. Go to school in sack cloth and ashes, maybe she'll leave you alone.
    And then publish your experiences in a book, make a few dollars, and give me a hefty inspiration fee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hair too! Even when it's in a pony tail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. who's your D&C teacher? I took it last semester and loved it. so eye opening. and I can't believe you're taking the hymns class - so lucky!! you'll have to tell me how it is.

    ReplyDelete