Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Religion" Girl

I swear this girl has a list of compliments in her head that just spontaeously pops out of her mouth everytime I see her. Like today, for example, I walked in, the piano had already started playing for the hymn, and before I even sat down she told me she liked my coat! How did she have time to see me and register that she liked me coat??

Here's a list of the compliments I have recieved from her so far:
-"I could see you as nurse" (The first day I met her)
-"I really like your hair" (It was in a pony tail)
-"I really like your blue shirt" (It was not blue)
-"Oh what a pretty necklace"
-"I really like your vest"
-"I like your coat"
-"Those are cute shoes"
-"You just look adorable today"
And this doesn't even include all the questions she likes to ask me.

I've realized that maybe I shouldn't be so mean, but she really annoys me with her compliments. And I know she's just trying to be nice. But she's trying to hard. And it is possible to be too nice.

Any suggestions on what I should do about overly nice "religion" girl?

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... you could respond to everything with "thanks, but no thanks. stop talking to me jerk" but I don't think that would fly too well... :) maybe don't sit by her? although I suspect you may have a seating chart. Maybe she's starved for compliments and this is her way of expressing it. You could try being the first one to give a compliment and see how she reacts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Suzy. Give her a taste of her own medicine; it's probably what she's desperate for.

    ReplyDelete